Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

Sorry God!!!

I became an Atheist,. Now a couple of years later am trying to take a softer stance and become Agnostic. The desire to worship something persisted and now i am a Pantheist!!I acknowledge a higher power - Nature.I can say that I follow Hinduism in its oldest form. Do good, feel good, good karma, bad karma!!Everything that happens in our life..luck, love , illness, death are random occurrences which we interpret & analyze in context to our religious beliefs & culture. But it was not always like this!!

As we grow in life we grow away from our roots,our beliefs & traditions. I grew up in a family where a Satyanarayana katha would be organised by my grandfather on the slightest pretext. News of a birth, someone passing an exam, a new job.....anything!!We celebrated Diwali, Ananth Chaturthi, Nava Ratras, Nag Panchami( i used to go with my grandmother to put milk for the snakes in abandoned ant hills!!). The whole family would gather, newborns, sons, daughters, Daughters-in-laws, grandkids, grand parents....so much jashn!!!

What legacy are we leaving for our children?In these jaded times we desperately need such ceremonies.In my anxiety to keep up with the world, I have left mine behind. Will our kids ever hear the word "sowbhagyawati", the blessing given to a happily married woman?I think we all need to invest some time & energy to draw us back into this world of traditions. A family now has no more than 5 members ie. if you count your dog as your child! Its not too late! We need to get back to our roots, where we came from! Religion today has taken a whole new different feeling...its all there in your face with an empty heart within.


1 comment: